The Dover Habor has withdrawn from this trip.
Ride in first class luxury aboard Dover Harbor on a rare mileage rail odyssey through New York, Ohio and Pennsylvania on a special, all-private car excursion train to be powered by Juniata Terminal’s E-8 locomotives. This very special, limited capacity, 1,195 mile, four day trip departs from Hoboken NJ on Friday, August 5, 2011 and ends at Philadelphia PA on Monday, August 8, 2011. The special train routing as planned will be:
The train will stop and park each evening. In addition for all train passengers, Friday night will feature a dinner at Taylor Wines in Hammondsport, NY; and, on Saturday evening, a stop will be made at Cambridge Springs PA (the exact midpoint of the Erie Railroad between NY and Chicago) for dinner at the Riverside Inn, a grand Victorian hotel.
The Relaxing Lounge of Dover Harbor
Note for passengers from Washington: This trip originates in Hoboken NJ and terminates in Philadelphia; subject to final coordination for the special train, travel aboard Dover Harbor on its positioning moves from Washington to New York on August 2nd, and return from Philadelphia to Washington after the trip, may be available at no additional charge. Please inquire with the reservations agent for details if interested.
PACKAGE OPTIONS AND PER PERSON PRICES
Option 1: Overnight Package, August 5-8, 2011: Includes travel on Dover Harbor from Hoboken to Philadelphia on the Pacific Express special train with classic double bedroom accommodations overnight while en route; and, meals, snacks, beverages, wines and spirits.
DCNRHS Member: Nonmember:
Per person, double occupancy $4,200.00 $4,450.00
Option 2: Day Package, August 5-8, 2011: Includes rail travel only on Dover Harbor from Hoboken to Philadelphia on the Pacific Express special train with a lounge seat each day; and, meals, snacks, beverages, wines and spirits. Does not include overnight accommodations.
DCNRHS Member: Nonmember:
Per person, lounge seat $3,300.00 $3,550.00
1. Passengers may be required to sign liability releases on this trip. Making a reservation acknowledges passenger’s consent to sign such releases if required.
2. The Washington D.C. Chapter, NRHS makes every effort to accommodate the physically challenged; however, Dover Harbor as a historic railroad car is not wheelchair accessible. Operator requires those passengers requiring special assistance from others to travel with someone who is able to assist them.
3. Fares presented are based upon tariffs and rates in effect at the time of publication. The operator reserves the right to change the fare to reflect any increases.
4. No refund of purchased tickets after June 15, 2011, other than by operator’s cancellation of the trip or reselling of the space. The operator suggests that passengers obtain trip insurance to cover cancellations resulting from personal emergencies, illness or other causes.
5. Packages include rail transportation from Hoboken to Philadelphia; double bedroom sleeping or lounge seat accommodations aboard Dover Harbor depending on fare class, and all other events afforded the special train passengers; and, meals, snacks, beverages, wines and spirits while en route aboard Dover Harbor only. Day package passengers must make their own arrangements for accommodations, and ground transportation at en route overnight stops. A train schedule with all provided meals will be sent to passengers with their travel documents.
6. Schedule of train departures and arrivals train routing, and included tours/events is subject to change without notice. Operator, Amtrak and railroads reserve the right to substitute equipment or routes without notice
7. Package fares are per person, double occupancy. Single tickets may be purchased at double occupancy fares; however, shared accommodations will be assigned at the discretion of the reservations agent. For guaranteed sole occupancy, the single supplement is equal to the applicable per person double occupancy fare.
8. Passengers with special dietary requirements must notify the reservations agent in writing at least two weeks in advance of the trip.
9. The General Conditions for tours, trips, excursions and events as published on the DCNRHS web site (www.dcnrhs.org) apply. By making a reservation, participants agree to be bound by both the General Conditions and these specific Conditions.
For information, call 703-836-0165 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE PACIFIC EXPRESS: August 5-8, 2011
I'm ready to go! My reservation and payment are enclosed:
City, State, Zip: ______________________________________
Telephone: ____day ____evening _______________________________
Mobile phone (during trip): ____________________________________
____ Check payable to Washington DC Chapter, NRHS
____ Charge to my Visa/Mastercard:
Card No.: ____________________________________________
Expiration Date: _____________________________________
Please reserve the following spaces:
# ____ Opt. 1 Overnight Pkg: DCNRHS Member @ $4,200 = $ ________
# ____ Opt. 1 Overnight Package: Nonmember @ $4,450 = $ ________
# ____ Opt. 2 Day Package: DCNRHS Member @ $3,300 = $ ________
# ____ Opt. 2 Day Package: Nonmember @ $3,550 = $ ________
TOTAL AMOUNT: $ ____________________________________
Name(s) of ALL PASSENGERS (Required): _____________________________________________________
How I heard about trip:Trip News ____ E-mail ____ DCNRHS Newsletter
____ Other _____________________________________________________________
Mail to: WASHINGTON DC CHAPTER NRHS
c/o Kevin Tankersley, Reservations Agent
103 East Mason Ave.
Alexandria, VA 22301-1709