Reminiscent of some of our innovative, fun, price-friendly railfan trips in the 1950s and 1960s, this journey is part of our new "Railfan Adventure Series" Trips. This trip is bargain- priced as it is the break-in run on Franklin Inn.
After an early morning departure from Washington Union Station or Alexandria, sit back, relax, and enjoy the scenery, as Amtrak's Regional train #67 takes us into the heart of the Old Dominion State. Make new friends and relax in as the miles go by.
Passengers may board or detrain at several destinations including:
* Richmond a town full of possibilities and history. Visit one of the great attractions such as Science Museum of Virginia (at former Broad Street Station), John Marshall House, Museum of the Confederacy, Edgar Allen Poe Museum, or Virginia State Capitol (some may require a taxi).
* Williamsburg where the restored gardens or the historic sites take you back several centuries. The historic district is approximately a six block walk from Amtrak's Boundary Street Station.
* Newport News where you can visit attractions such as the world famous Mariner's Museum, a short taxi ride from the Newport News Amtrak station.
Franklin Inn will depart from Newport News in late afternoon with Amtrak's Regional train #66. Make sure you catch a late lunch or an early dinner before joining us for your return trip.
Light snacks and drinks will be available on both legs of the trip.
PER PERSON PRICES
Includes one coach seat for same-day round trip travel on Franklin Inn between Washington and Newport News.
ROUND TRIP FARES
Child (under 15 years of age): $39
DCNRHS Members: $39
Nonmembers Adult $59
1. Operator requires those passengers requiring special assistance from others to travel with someone who is able to assist them.
2. No refund of purchased tickets after July 22, 2011 other than by operator's cancellation of the trip or reselling of the space. The operator suggests that passengers obtain trip insurance to cover cancellations resulting from personal emergencies, illness or other causes.
3. Package does not include gratuities, personal incidental charges, tours, admissions, local transportation or meals.
4. Schedule of departures and arrivals subject to change without notice. Operator and Amtrak reserve the right to substitute equipment.
5. Passengers may board at any intermediate station stop; please notify ticket agent if you are planning to board at a station other than Washington, D.C or Alexandria, VA.
6. No meal service is available aboard the Franklin Inn.
7. The General Conditions for tours, trips, excursions and events as published on the DCNRHS web site (www.dcnrhs.org) apply. By making a reservation, participants agree to be bound by both the General Conditions and these specific Conditions.
For information, call 610-429-5858 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Fast Flying Franklin September 3, 2011
I’m ready to go! My reservation and payment are enclosed:
City, State, Zip: _____________________________________
Telephone: •____ day •____ evening _________________________
Mobile phone (during trip): _____________________________
•____ Check payable to Washington D.C. Chapter, NRHS
•____ Charge to my Visa/Mastercard:
Card No.: __________________________________________
Expiration Date mm/yy: ____/ ____
Please reserve the following spaces:
#____ DCNRHS Member at $39.00 = $ ________
#____ Nonmember at $59.00 = $ ________
TOTAL AMOUNT: $ ________
Name(s) of ALL PASSENGERS (Required):
Boarding Location: •____ Washington, D.C. •____ Alexandria, VA
•____ Other: _________________
Destination: •____ Williamsburg •____ Newport News
•____ Richmond Main Street •____ Other: _________________
How I heard about trip: •____ E-mail •____ DCNRHS Newsletter
•____ DCNRHS Web Site •____ Other ______________________
WASHINGTON, D.C. CHAPTER NRHS
c/o Mike Martin, Reservations Agent
503 Mayfield Avenue
West Chester, PA 19380-5211