The National Railway Historical Society, Washington DC Chapter, Incorporated presents a
Dover Harbor Chefs’ Table
Sunday, September 25, 2011delectable dinner--- On Sunday, September 25, 2011, enjoy a September stroll through Washington’s Union Station, an architectural tribute to America's railroads, and make your way to the Dover Harbor, the classic 1930’s luxury Pullman car still travelling America's rails. Fresh from a cross-country summer excursion and ready for autumn trips, Dover Harbor will be waiting for you on one of the tracks within historic Union Station with a special Chef's Table Dinner. With all the culinary talent of our on-board chefs, we thought you might like to see what they can do when they get together. Rather than having you choose just one entree, we’re serving a tasting menu... small dishes from our best recipes. The menu will feature seasonal foodstuffs from local growers, artisanal specialties, and chef's choices of beverages to accompany the eight courses.
To start, a surprising amuse bouche ... a single bite-sized hors d'ouevre accompanied by a designer cocktail. A rich soup will be followed by the appetizer course. Next up, fresh seafood and a chef’s selection of an outstanding white wine. Following the salad, the meat course will be paired with a mellow red wine we've recently discovered. Dessert and coffee signal the end of the meal but for the "coupe finale", a tiny sweet complemented by a dessert beverage.
Two extended seatings are being offered to allow you to enjoy this multi-course meal to the fullest. Choose between a late afternoon Sunday dinner at 4:15PM or an evening meal at 7:00PM. Please make your reservations early-- this special event is bound to sell out!
Two Seatings: 4:15PM or 7:00PM
DCNRHS Members: $65
1. Reservations are by advance ticket order only.
2. No refund or credit of purchased tickets after August 20, 2011, other than by operator’s cancellation of the trip or reselling of the space. Reservations are not transferable and may not be resold without the consent of the operator.
3. Passengers with special dietary requirements must notify the reservations agent in writing at least two weeks in advance of the event.
4. The Washington D.C. Chapter, NRHS makes every effort to accommodate the physically challenged; however, Dover Harbor as a historic railroad car is not wheelchair accessible. Operator requires those passengers requiring special assistance from others to travel with someone who is able to assist them.
5. The General Conditions for tours, trips, excursions and events as published on the DCNRHS web site (www.dcnrhs.org) apply. By making a reservation, participants agree to be bound by both the General and these specific Conditions.
For information, call 610-429-5858 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
DOVER HARBOR CHEFS’ TABLE, Sept. 25, 2011
I'm ready to go! My reservation and payment are enclosed:
City, State, Zip: _______________________________________
Telephone: ____ day ____ evening ________________________________
Mobile phone (day of trip): ____________________________________
____ Check payable to Washington DC Chapter, NRHS
____ Charge to my Visa/Mastercard:
Card No.: ____________________________________________
Expiration Date: _____________________________________
# ______ DCNRHS Member(s) at $ 65 = $ ____________
# ______ Nonmember(s) at $ 75 = $ ____________
TOTAL AMOUNT: $ __________________
DESIRED SEATING: ____ 4:15PM ____ 7:00PM ____ No preference
How I heard about trip:
____ Trip News E-mail ____ DCNRHS Newsletter
____ Other _____________________________________________________
Mail to: WASHINGTON DC CHAPTER NRHS
c/o Mike Martin, Reservation Agent
503 Mayfield Avenue
West Chester, PA 19380-5211
Photo by Bill Hakkarinen