Ft. Eustis Limited
To The U.S. Army Transportation Museum
Saturday, June 1, 2013
This one-day trip departs early morning from Washington DC’s Union Station aboard our newly restored mid-Century Pennsylvania Railroad coach, Franklin Inn, with Amtrak Regional Train #67. Relax for the ride across Virginia’s scenic tidewater tributaries as we travel to our station stop at Williamsburg VA. From there, a waiting motor coach will take our group to a nearby restaurant for a lunch stop (individual settlement, not included), then continue to Joint Base Langley-Eustis.
There, the focus of the day is a visit to the U.S. Army Transportation Museum; our group will enjoy a special guided tour of the museum which details the history of Army transport from the Revolutionary War to present day. Learn about the Eisenhower Transcontinental Motor Convoy, the Berlin Duty Train and military transport today in Afghanistan. Emphasis will be given to railroads, first a part of military transport during the Civil War and a major component of the Army Transportation Corps efforts during World War II. The day’s highlight will be the railroad rolling stock exhibits in the museum’s new Rail Pavilion.
At the conclusion of the tour, a motor coach will transfer the tour participants back to the Williamsburg VA Amtrak station in time to meet Franklin Inn for the evening return trip back to Washington via Amtrak Regional Train #66.
Passengers will enjoy complimentary snack and beverage service aboard Franklin Inn while en route in each direction. Passengers may also join the tour and board the train at Alexandria, Fredericksburg and Richmond Staples Mill Amtrak Stations. A limited number of rail-only seats without the museum tour are also available to Williamsburg/Newport News; rail only fares can be found through the on line reservations system.
PER PERSON FARES:
Includes one coach seat for same-day round trip travel on Franklin Inn to Williamsburg and return, motor coach transfer and tour of the Army Transportation Museum at Ft. Eustis, VA.
DCNRHS Members: $99
Nonmembers, Adult: $129
Child (ages 2-15): $99
1. No refund or credit of purchases after April 26, 2013, other than by operator's cancellation of the trip or reselling of the space. Reservations are not transferable and may not be resold without the consent of the operator.
2. Package does not include gratuities, personal incidental charges, or meals except for snack service as described above while on board Franklin Inn..
3. All passengers will be subject to security screening in order to enter Joint Base Langley-Eustis, and must present a valid government issued photo i.d when requested.
4. Children’s fares apply to ages 2 – 15. Children under age 2, not occupying a seat travels free. Each child must be accompanied by a full fare paying adult. Above age 15, the full adult fare is applicable.
5. The Washington D.C. Chapter, NRHS makes every effort to accommodate the physically challenged; please consult with our reservations agent in advance to confirm arrangements. Operator requires those passengers requiring special assistance from others to travel with someone who is able to assist them.
6. The General Conditions for tours, trips, excursions and events as published on the DCNRHS web site (www.dcnrhs.org) apply. By making a reservation, participants agree to be bound by both the General and these specific Conditions.
RESERVE ONLINE NOW AT WWW.DCNRHS.ORG
Questions? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703-273-8440.
FT. EUSTIS LIMITED—June 1, 2013
I’m ready to go! My reservation and payment are enclosed:
City, State, Zip: ____________________________________________
Telephone: ____ day ____ evening _________________________________
Mobile phone (day of trip): ____________________________________
____ Check payable to Washington DC Chapter, NRHS
____ Charge to my Visa/Mastercard:
Card No.: __________________________________________________
Expiration Date (MM/YYYY): ____ / ________
CID # (from back of card) __________
Please reserve the following spaces:
# DCNRHS Member(s) at $ 99 = $
# Nonmember(s) at $ 129 = $
# Child (ages 2-15) at $ 99 = $
TOTAL AMOUNT: $
BOARDING LOCATION (please check):
____ Washington Union Station ____ Alexandria, VA
____ Fredericksburg VA ____ Richmond VA – Staples Mill Road Sta.
Passenger Names (Required) / DCNRHS Member No.
How I heard about this trip:
____ Trip News E-mail ____ DCNRHS Newsletter____ Other _____________________________________________________
Mail to: WASHINGTON DC CHAPTER NRHS, c/o Mike Martin, Reservations Agent, 503 Mayfield Avenue, West Chester, PA 19380-5211