The National Railway Historical Society, Washington, D.C. Chapter, Inc. presents a
● Discover a jewel in GCT worth between $10-20 million.
● Learn of a secret, hidden staircase on the main concourse that no one ever sees--but is used all the time.
● Visit New York City's deepest, largest and most secret basement--which Adolf Hitler tried to have destroyed in 1942.
● Unveil a design error in the main concourse--that is the size of the main concourse.
● Learn of a train station buried within the terminal--which contains another historic secret within itself.
● Explore the Lost and Found--and find out why it's the world's most effective lost and found.
● Whisper a secret in a certain corner of the terminal--and have your friend hear it 30 feet away.
● Visit the brand new Operations Control Center--and discover the technological secret that keeps the trains crash-proof.
● Learn how time--as we know it--actually, truly began in Grand Central.
● Visit the secret "war room" located in GCT on a floor that doesn't exist.● And more....
PER PERSON FARES:
DCNRHS Members: $35
TIPS: Arrive early! There is a food court at the Terminal. Wear shoes comfortable for walking.
For information, call 703-273-8440
or e-mail email@example.com.
Grand Central Terminal Tour —August 12, 2013
I’m ready to go! My reservation and payment are enclosed:
City, State, Zip: ____________________________________________
Telephone: ______________ __ day __evening
Mobile phone (day of trip): ____________________________________
__ Check payable to Washington DC Chapter, NRHS
__ Charge to my Visa/Mastercard:
Card No.: __________________________________________________
Expiration Date (MM/YYYY): ____ / ________
CID # (from back of card) __________
Please reserve the following spaces:
# DCNRHS Member(s) at $ 35 = $ ___________
# Nonmember(s) at $ 45 = $ ___________
TOTAL AMOUNT: $ __________
All Participant Names (Required) ___ ______ / DCNRHS Member No. _______
How I heard about this trip:
__ Trip News E-mail __ DCNRHS Newsletter __ Other _____________________________________
WASHINGTON DC CHAPTER NRHS
1. This is an extended walking tour of a historic landmark; participants must be at least 18 years of age, be physically able to walk and stand uninterrupted for three or more hours, and be able to climb and descend stairs unassisted. No food or drink is permitted. You may be subject to security screening. A brief public rest room break will be made during the tour.
2. No refund of purchased tickets after July 1, 2013, other than by operator's cancellation of the tour. On-line reservation fees are not refundable.
3. Package does not include meals, snacks, or transportation.
4. Schedule is subject to change without notice. Tour content is subject to change without notice.
5. Participants must arrive at Stationmaster’s Office by Track 35 by 10:45 am.
6. The General Conditions for tours, trips, excursions and events as published on the DCNRHS web site (www.dcnrhs.org) apply. By making a reservation, participants agree to be bound by both the General and these specific Conditions.