The National Railway Historical Society, Washington DC Chapter, Incorporated presents
Vermont Rails 2015
Ride Dover Harbor to the
2015 NRHS Convention, Rutland, Vermont
Saturday June 13, 2015 to Monday, June 22, 2015
Join us for a trip to Rutland, Vermont aboard the 90-year old luxury Pullman Dover Harbor. Whether you’re planning on taking in the New York sights or discovering Vermont, we’ve got round trip, one way and segment fares to cover your rail plans.
We’ll join the Crescent at Washington’s Union Station, Saturday morning, and speed along Amtrak’s Northeast Corridor while brunch is served in Pullman style by our white-jacketed stewards. Upon arrival at New York’s Pennsylvania Station, convention-goers are free to explore New York’s transportation and treasures for a day. Hotel accommodations are on your own this evening.
Dover Harbor joins the Ethan Allen Express bound for Rutland, VT, Sunday afternoon. Enjoy the Hudson River scenery while you converse with friends, enjoy hors d’oeuvres and legendary Pullman hospitality complete with chef prepared dinner.
We’re scheduled to arrive in Rutland by 9pm, in time to rest up for six days of Vermont Rails 2015. NRHS has planned rare mileage excursions, photo-ops, special consists and more along the routes of fallen flags, through the Green Mountains, and north to the Burlington waterfront. Please check for convention updates at www.NRHS.com and www.facebook.com/RailPreservation. Convention fee is not included in your Dover Harbor fare.The June 21st Father’s Day Excursion will return you in time to board Dover Harbor and the Ethan Allen Express for the ride home. A leisurely Sunday dinner gives you time to talk trains all the way to New York where you’ll retire to your own hotel accommodations for the night. Monday, June 22nd, Dover Harbor will be hitched to Amtrak’s Silver Star for the final leg, arriving at Union Station in the early afternoon. Lunch will be served.
PER PERSON FARES
WASHINGTON, DC ROUND TRIP PACKAGE, June 13-14, and June 21-22, 2015 Includes round trip travel on Dover Harbor from Washington, DC to Rutland, VT and return, meals (as listed), beverages, snacks and spirits aboard the car.
Option 1: Washington, DC Round Trip Package
DCNRHS Member: $539 Nonmember: $639
NEW YORK, NY ROUND TRIP PACKAGE, June 14 and June 22, 2015 Includes round trip travel on Dover Harbor from New York, NY to Rutland, VT and return, meals (as listed), beverages, snacks and spirits aboard the car.
Option 2: New York, NY Round Trip Package, per person,
DCNRHS Member: $399 Nonmember: $499
ONE WAY SEGMENTS, Includes one way travel only for the date(s) listed on Dover Harbor with meals (as listed for days of travel), beverages, snacks and spirits aboard the car.
One way Washington, DC to New York, NY, June 13, 2015
DCNRHS Member: $169 Nonmember: $199
One way New York, NY to Rutland, VT, June 14, 2015
DCNRHS Member: $199 Nonmember: $229
One way Rutland, VT to New York, NY, June 21, 2015
DCNRHS Member: $179 Nonmember: $209
One way New York, NY to Washington, DC, June 22, 2015
DCNRHS Member: $129 Nonmember: $159
1. The Washington DC Chapter, NRHS makes every effort to accommodate the physically challenged; however, Dover Harbor, as a historic railroad car, is not wheelchair accessible. Operator requires those passengers requiring special assistance from others to travel with someone who is able to assist them. Passengers must notify the reservations agent by June 1, 2015, regarding specific needs so arrangements may be made.
2. Package includes rail transportation from Washington, DC to New York, NY or Rutland, VT and/or return from same and meals, snacks, beverages, wines and spirits while en route aboard the rail car only. A detailed train schedule with all provided meals will be sent two weeks prior to departure. Package does not include accommodations in New York or Rutland, convention registration, or any convention activities.
3. Passengers must make their own arrangements for accommodations, meals, activities, gratuities, personal incidental charges, and ground transportation while in New York and in Rutland, VT, and for all convention activities.
4. No refund of purchased tickets after May 1, 2015, other than by operator's cancellation of the trip or reselling of the space. The operator suggests that passengers independently obtain trip insurance to cover cancellations resulting from personal emergencies, illness or other causes. Increased costs have resulted in significantly higher trip costs. In order to keep passenger fares reasonable, a minimum number of tickets need to be sold. In the unlikely event enough tickets are not sold, you will be notified by May 1, 2015 of the trip cancellation and your entire payment refunded without further obligation on our part.
5. Passengers with special dietary needs must notify the reservation agent in writing by June 1, 2015
6. Smoking is not permitted aboard the private rail car, except in the car vestibule. Smoking is also permitted on station platforms at Amtrak designated smoking stops.
7. For registration and ticketing information as well as convention hotel information for NRHS Convention 2015 – Rutland, VT, the National Railway Historical Society annual convention, please see http://www.nrhs.com for more information.
8. The General Conditions for tours, trips, excursions and events as published on the DCNRHS web site (www.dcnrhs.org) apply. By making a reservation, participants agree to be bound by both the General Conditions and these specific Conditions.
For information, call 703-273-8440 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vermont Rails 2015, June 13-22, 2015
I’m ready to go! My reservation and payment are enclosed:
City, State, Zip_______________________________________
Telephone ____ day ____ evening ___________________________
Mobile Phone (during trip) ________________________________
____ Check payable to Washington DC Chapter, NRHS
____ Charge to my Visa/Mastercard
Card No. ____________________________________________
Expiration Date ____ / ____ CID # (from back of card) ________
Please reserve the following spaces (check option desired):
_____ Opt. 1: Washington, DC Round Trip, June 13,14,21,22
_____ Opt. 2: New York, NY Round Trip, June 14 & 21
_____ Opt. 3a: Washington, DC to New York, NY, June 13
_____ Opt. 3b: New York, NY to Rutland, VT, June 14
_____ Opt. 3c: Rutland, VT to New York, NY, June 21
_____ Opt. 3d: New York, NY to Washington, DC, June 22
# ____ DCNRHS Member at $_______ = $ _____________
# ____ Nonmember at $_______ = $ _____________
TOTAL AMOUNT: $ _____________
ALL PASSENGER NAMES (req’d) / DCNRHS Member #
___________________________________________ / ____________
___________________________________________ / ____________
WASHINGTON DC CHAPTER NRHS
Get this trip announcement as a PDF flyer.