The National Railway Historical Society, Washington D.C. Chapter, Inc. presents a
New York (Garden) Weekend!
Thursday, July 7, 2011 to Sunday, July 10, 2011
Join us for a mid-summer weekend adventure to New York! Travel to and from the Big Apple in the elegant comfort of the classic 1930's Pullman rail car Dover Harbor and stay at the Affinia Manhattan Hotel in the heart of Midtown Manhattan. This escorted trip package includes:
● Northbound travel aboard Dover Harbor on Amtrak's train #80, the Carolinian, on Thursday evening, July 7, 2011 from Washington Union Station to New York;
● A sumptuous supper including beverages, wines and spirits, served to you by white jacketed stewards while en route to New York;
● Three night's stay in one of the "generously-sized suite rooms" at the Affinia Manhattan Hotel just across Seventh Avenue from Penn Station, easily accessible to sightseeing, museums, shopping, the Theatre District and more; and,
● Southbound travel aboard Dover Harbor on Amtrak's train #19, The Crescent on Sunday afternoon, July 10, 2011 to Washington with Sunday afternoon cocktails and hors d'oeuvre.
For garden lovers, there's an added bonus-- your tour hosts, Washington DC landscape architect Kevin Tankersley, and WMAL radio Garden Sense expert Jos Roozen will escort the group via public transit (subway, bus or commuter train) to these major New York area gardens for independent sightseeing (wear comfortable shoes for lots of walking!):
● the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, including the Japanese Hill and Pond Garden and the (water) Lily Pool Terrace;
● the exquisite Chinese Scholars Garden at the Staten Island Botanical Garden;
● New York Botanical Gardens, including the renewed Rockefeller Rose Garden and Haupt Conservatory; and,
● The High Line Park, built and planted atop an old elevated railroad structure on the city's West side.
These garden visits are not included in the base package fares and offered on an individual pay-as-you-go addition, so you may choose to visit all or as many of them as you wish!
PER PERSON PRICES
Includes round trip travel on Dover Harbor between Washington and New York including meals, snacks, beverages, wines and spirits as described; three nights lodging at the Affinia Manhattan Hotel, and gratuities to red caps.
EARLY BIRD FARES, Save FIFTY Dollars per person;
Must pay with cash or check and book by May 16, 2011:
Occupancy: DCNRHS Member: Nonmember:
Single hotel, per person $899.00 $939.00
Shared double hotel, per person $649.00 $689.00
Shared triple hotel, per person $619.00 $659.00
Shared quad hotel, per person $589.00 $629.00
REGULAR FARES (after May 16th) DCNRHS
Occupancy: Member: Nonmember:
Single hotel, per person $949.00 $989.00
Shared double hotel, per person $699.00 $739.00
Shared triple hotel, per person $669.00 $709.00
Shared quad hotel, per person $639.00 $679.00
1. The Washington D.C. Chapter, NRHS makes every effort to accommodate the physically challenged; however, Dover Harbor as a historic railroad car is not wheelchair accessible. Operator requires those passengers requiring special assistance from others to travel with someone who is able to assist them.
2. No refund of purchased tickets after May 16, 2011, other than by operator's cancellation of the trip or reselling of the space. The operator suggests that passengers obtain trip insurance to cover cancellations resulting from personal emergencies, illness or other causes.
3. Package does not include gratuities, personal incidental charges, tours, admissions including garden admissions, local transportation or meals in New York.
4. Schedule of departures and arrivals subject to change without notice. Operator and Amtrak reserve the right to substitute equipment.
5. Passengers may board at any intermediate station stop; please notify ticket agent if you are planning to board at a station other than Washington, D.C.
6. Passengers with special dietary requirements must notify the reservations agent in writing at least two weeks in advance of the trip.
7. The General Conditions for tours, trips, excursions and events as published on the DCNRHS web site (www.dcnrhs.org) apply. By making a reservation, participants agree to be bound by both the General and these specific Conditions
For information, call 610-429-5858 or e-mail to email@example.com
New York (Garden) Weekend! July 7-10, 2011
City, State, Zip: ______________________________________
Telephone: • ____ day • ____ evening _______________________________
Mobile phone (during trip): ____________________________________
Please reserve the following spaces:
# _______ Nonmember at $ ____________ = $ ____________
TOTAL AMOUNT: $ ____________
• ____ Single •____ Double •____ Triple •____ Quad
•____ Garden Sense Radio Program • ____ Other ______________________
WASHINGTON DC CHAPTER NRHS