Travel by train to Atlantic City on this winter-time oneday group tour to enjoy the fabulous annual Mummer's Show of Shows at historic Boardwalk Hall.
The day begins with an early morning departure from Washington 's Union Station on Amtrak 's Northeast Corridor Regional service for a quick ride to Philadelphia. At Philadelphia, we 'll change to New Jersey Transit 's Atlantic City service train, traveling across New Jersey on the route of Pennsylvania Railroad trains which included the Sea Clipper, Nelly Bly and Flying Spray. With a late morning arrival at Atlantic City, you 'll have an hour to explore the boardwalk, shop at Pier Shops at Caesar's, or get in some casino play as you make your way to Boardwalk Hall for the show. Boardwalk Hall is an eight block walk from the train station; limited free public shuttle busses may also be available (space not guaranteed).
The entertainment -- the fabulous Mummer 's Show of Shows --- begins at Noon at Boardwalk Hall, the Miss America Pageant's home for many years. You 'll enjoy all the colorful pageantry, spectacular costumes and musical entertainment as the sixteen Mummer string bands perform for you. Mummery dates to the late 17th century in Philadelphia, and by the 1900 's became an organized parade of community based groups to celebrate the New Year. Food will be available from Boardwalk Hall concessions.
After the show, we'll depart from Atlantic City's NJT Train station, returning to Philadelphia, where there'll be a short layover with time enough to enjoy a quick supper (not included, individual settlement) at Philadelphia 's 30th Street Station, before we head south on Amtrak 's Regional train service to Washington.
For more information about the Mummers, please see see www.phillymummers.com.
ROUND TRIP FARES:
Includes coach seating Washington DC to Atlantic City and return via regularly scheduled Amtrak and New Jersey Transit trains, and a ticket to the Mummer 's Show of Shows at Boardwalk Hall.
Chapter Members: $159
TICKET ORDERS MUST BE RECEIVED BY
FEBRUARY 1, 2010.
ORDERS RECEIVED AFTER TH AT DATE WILL BE RETURNED.
|Going, read down
Return, read up
Washington DC Union Station
Philadelphia 30th Street Station
Philadelphia 30th Street Station
Atlantic City NJT Station
*Note: Schedule subject to change; final schedule will be confirmed with travel documents. |
1. No refund or credit of purchased tickets after February 1, 2010, other than by operator’s cancellation of the trip or reselling of the space. Reservations are not transferable and may not be resold without the consent of the operator.
2. Package does not include local ground transportation, personal incidental charges or meals.
3. Schedule of train departures and arrivals subject to change without notice by Amtrak and New Jersey Transit. Operator reserves the right to substitute equipment or alter itinerary without notice.
4. Passengers on this group tour must be able to walk moderate distances; local transportation in Atlantic City between the train station and Boardwalk Hall is not guaranteed.
5. The Washington D.C. Chapter, NRHS makes every effort to accommodate the physically challenged; those requiring accommodation must notify the ticket agent in writing with their ticket order so that appropriate arrangements can be made with Amtrak, New Jersey Transit and Boardwalk Hall. Operator requires those passengers requiring special assistance from others to travel with someone who is able to assist them.
6. A $35 fee will be assessed for checks returned for insufficient funds.
For information, call 610-429-5858 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
ATLANTIC CITY SPECIAL -- February 27, 2010
I 'm ready to go! My reservation and payment are enclosed:
City, State, Zip: _______________________________________
Telephone: ____ day ____ evening ________________________________
Mobile phone (day of trip): ____________________________________
PAYMENT METHOD ? Check payable to Washington DC Chapter, NRHS
? Charge to my Visa/Mastercard: C ard No.: ____________________________________________
E xpiration Date: _____________________________________
To ATLANTIC CITY, NJ & MUMMER 'S SHOW OF SHOWS
# ____ Member(s) at $ 159 = $ ________
# ____ Nonmember(s) at $ 179 = $ ________
TOTAL AMOUNT: $ ________
NAMES OF ALL PASSENGERS (required):
How I heard about trip:____ E-mail ____ Chapter Newsletter
____ Other _____________________________________________________
WASHINGTON DC CHAPTER NRHS
c/o Mike Martin, Reservation Agent
503 Mayfield Avenue
West Chester, PA 19380-5211