Join the Washington DC Chapter for an extended weekend of Pullman travel to a fantastic destination, New Orleans- “The Big Easy”. Dover Harbor will operate on Amtrak’s Crescent, and serve as your hotel for four nights at the centrally located New Orleans Union Passenger Terminal.
Your trip starts on Thursday evening, April 29, 2010, as our classic Pullman, Dover Harbor departs Washington, D.C.’s Union Station. Enjoy a late evening supper as our train departs for the rolling hills of the Virginia countryside. Then snuggle into your authentic Pullman berth as our train glides on its magic carpet of steel through the night.
Awake as we approach Atlanta to a freshly prepared breakfast; relax, read, play cards. Enjoy the scenery and conversation. Later, savor lunch and dinner as our train marches through the heart of the "Old South" toward arrival in New Orleans on Friday evening.
You’ll then have the next three days to spend as you wish. Take in the annual New Orleans Jazz Fest (tickets not included), which will be in full swing; or venture into the heart of the French Quarter, tour the antebellum Garden District homes, ride the streetcars, or take a riverboat cruise on the Mississippi. And of course, there’s that fantastic New Orleans cuisine to enjoy. For four nights in New Orleans, complete round trip package passengers are welcome to stay aboard Dover Harbor at New Orleans Union Passenger Terminal, close at hand to downtown attractions. Continental breakfast will be served each morning.
Dover Harbor will depart New Orleans early Tuesday morning, May 4, 2010, with Amtrak’s Crescent for our return odyssey. Enjoy breakfast as we travel across Lake Ponchartrain, and then lunch while traveling northeastward through Mississippi, Alabama, and Georgia. Dinner and the Atlanta skyline will greet us before nightfall; then retire to your Pullman berth once more as the train rocks you gently to sleep.
Awake in the midst of the Virginia countryside on Tuesday morning; breakfast will be served prior to our scheduled mid-morning arrival in Washington, D.C.
All passengers may enjoy the comforts of Dover Harbor’s lounge. Sleeping accommodations for complete package passengers on this trip are Dover Harbor’s Classic Pullman Double Bedrooms, which sleep two persons in an upper and lower berth. Each bedroom has its own washbasin and toilet with a shower available to all overnight passengers.
PER PERSON PRICES
Complete Round Trip Package, April 29-May 5, 2010: Includes round trip travel on Dover Harbor from Washington DC to New Orleans and return, with classic Pullman double bedroom accommodations overnight while en route and in New Orleans; and, meals (as listed), beverages, snacks and spirits aboard the car.
|Per Person Fares:
|Member, Round Trip, Double Occupancy: $1,849.00
SOLD OUT |
|Nonmember, Round Trip, Double Occupancy: $1,949.00
SOLD OUT |
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT! |
Make your reservation and payment by March 22, 2010 and deduct one hundred dollars ($100.00) per person on Complete Round Trip Package Fares! Payment must be made by cash, check or money order for this offer.
Daytime Parlor Seat, Round Trip, Georgia to New Orleans:
Includes round trip travel on Dover Harbor from Georgia to New Orleans and return, with meals, beverages, snacks and spirits while en route only. Does not include overnight accommodations or meals while in New Orleans.
|Per Person Fares:
|Member, Round Trip, Parlor Seat: $330.00
|Nonmember, Round Trip, Parlor Seat: $360.00
1. The Washington DC Chapter, NRHS makes every effort to accommodate the physically challenged; however, Dover Harbor, as a historic railroad car, is not wheelchair accessible. Operator requires those passengers requiring special assistance from others to travel with someone who is able to assist them. Passengers must notify the reservations agent at least two weeks in advance regarding any specific needs so arrangements may be made.
2. No refund of purchased tickets after March 22, 2010, other than by operator’s cancellation of the trip or reselling of the space. The operator suggests that passengers obtain trip insurance to cover cancellations resulting from personal emergencies, illness or other causes.
3. Reservations are not transferable and may not be resold without the written consent of the operator.
4. Package does not include Jazz Fest tickets, tour or attraction admission charges, gratuities, personal incidental charges, and local transportation, or meals in New Orleans except for limited meal service as described above while on board Dover Harbor.
5. Train schedules and routing are subject to change without notice. Operator and Amtrak reserve the right to substitute equipment.
6. Round trip fares are per person, double occupancy. The single supplement for the double bedroom accommodations is equal to the applicable per person double occupancy fare.
7. Passengers may board at any intermediate station stop; please notify ticket agent if you are planning to board at stations other than Washington, D.C.
8. Passengers with special dietary needs must notify the reservation agent in writing in at least two weeks in advance of the trip.
9. A $35 fee will be assessed for checks returned for insufficient funds.
For information, call 610-429-5858 or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE CRESCENT CITY SPECIAL, April 29-May 5, 2010
I’m ready to go! My reservation and payment are enclosed:
City, State, Zip: ______________________________________
Telephone: ____ day ____ evening __________________________
Mobile Phone (during trip): ____________________________________
____ Check payable to Washington DC Chapter, NRHS
____ Charge to my Visa/Mastercard:
Card No.: ____________________________________________
Expiration Date: _____________________________________
Please reserve the following spaces:
# ____ Member at $_______ = $ ______________
# ____ Nonmember at $_______ = $ ______________
TOTAL AMOUNT: $ ______________
NAMES OF ALL PASSENGERS (required):
BOARDING LOCATION: ____ Washington DC ____ other (specify) _____________
How I heard about this trip: ____ E-mail ____ Chapter Newsletter
____ Other _____________________________________________________
WASHINGTON DC CHAPTER NRHS
c/o Mike Martin, Reservation Agent
503 Mayfield Avenue
West Chester, PA 19380-5211