Come join us this Autumn for a weekend First Class voyage aboard the classic 1930s Pullman Dover Harbor railroad car to the charming coastal Deep South!
With this rail-only trip from D.C., you’ll choose your own tour destination—Charleston, South Carolina or Savannah, Georgia. Both cities offer a range of delights, including a full palette of history, cuisine, culture, and adventure. To learn more or to find events, sites, or a hotel, visit charlestoncvb.com or savannah-visit.com.
You’ll depart mid-morning from Washington’s Union Station on Thursday, October 28th with Amtrak’s Palmetto via the former Atlantic Coast Line, to arrive in Charleston or Savannah by late evening. Our gracious white-jacketed stewards will serve you lunch and dinner, along with plentiful snacks and your choice of refreshing, made-to-order cocktails. While on board, you can enjoy the ever-changing scenery and relax in the comfortable lounge or on the open-air vestibule.
Neither destination requires a car to see many of the architectural and historic sites or to enjoy delicious regional restaurants. You can tour either compact, enchanting city on foot after taxiing to a downtown hotel. Or, you can rent a car to visit outlying sites or the Atlantic beaches—with advance reservation, Hertz has a taxi arrangement to their nearby rental facilities.
You’ll return home on Sunday, October 31st via the northbound Palmetto, departing Savannah in early morning and departing Charleston mid-morning. Your onboard Halloween service will include a delectable brunch and dinner, along with cocktails and softer drinks, for an evening arrival in Washington, in time to enjoy a good night’s sleep at home before a new week.
GET YOUR EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT
Save $40.00 per person when you reserve and pay by cash, check, or money order by Saturday, August 28, 2010.
PER PERSON FARES (FIRST CLASS)
Includes round-trip rail travel only on Dover Harbor from Washington DC to Charleston or Savannah, including meals, snacks, beverages, wines, and spirits as described.
|Early Bird fare until 8/28/10
|Regular fare after 8/28/10
1. The Washington DC Chapter, NRHS makes every effort to accommodate the physically challenged; however, Dover Harbor, as a historic railroad car, is not wheelchair accessible. Operator requires those passengers requiring special assistance from others to travel with someone who is able to assist them.
2. No refund of purchased tickets after August 28, 2010, other than by operator's cancellation of the trip or reselling of the space. The operator suggests that passengers obtain trip insurance to cover cancellations resulting from personal emergencies, illness, or other causes.
3. Reservations are not transferable and may not be resold without the written consent of the operator.
4. Package does not include gratuities, personal incidental charges, tours, local transportation, or accommodations in Charleston or Savannah, or meals except for meal service as described while on board Dover Harbor.
5. Train schedules and routing are subject to change without notice. Operator and Amtrak reserve the right to substitute equipment.
6. Passengers may board or disembark at any intermediate station stop; please notify ticket agent if you are planning to board or disembark at stations other than Washington, D.C.
7. Passengers with special dietary needs must notify the ticket agent in writing at least two weeks in advance of the trip.
8. A $35 fee will be assessed for checks returned for insufficient funds.
Questions? Call 610-429-5858, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit dcnrhs.org.
The Low Country Limited October 28-31, 2010
Yes, I’m ready to go! My reservation is enclosed:
City, State, ZIP: ______________________________________
Phone: ___________________________________ ____ day ____ evening
Cell Phone (for emergencies): ____________________________
E-mail (please print): ___________________________________
____ Check payable to Washington DC Chapter, NRHS
____ Charge my Visa/MasterCard (not applicable for Early Bird fare):
Card No.: ____________________________________________
Exp.: ______/______ CCID (3- or 4-digit code): ___________
Please reserve the following seats for me:
# ____ Members @ $ 399 / 439 = $ _____________
# ____ Nonmembers @ $ 449 / 489 = $ _____________
TOTAL AMOUNT DUE: $ _____________
NAMES OF ALL PASSENGERS (required): ___________________________________________________________
BOARDING LOCATION: ____ Washington, D.C. ____ Other(specify)___________
DESTINATION: ____ Charleston, SC ____ Savannah, GA
How I heard about the trip: ____ E-mail ____ Chapter Newsletter
____ Other ____________________________________________________
|WASHINGTON DC CHAPTER NRHS |
c/o Mike Martin, Reservation Agent
503 Mayfield Ave.
West Chester, PA 19380