Experience luxurious rail travel aboard the classic 1930’s Pullman lounge-sleeper Dover Harbor-- travel to the Nation’s Capital—Washington, DC for an enjoyable day-long Springtime rail excursion.
Dover Harbor will depart from Lynchburg’s Kemper Street Station mid-morning on Saturday, April 24, 2009 with Amtrak’s Regional train #156, stopping at Charlottesville on the way north. Relax in comfortable Pullman armchairs and love-seats while the train glides through the flower-filled springtime scenery of Virginia’s Piedmont region. White jacketed attendants will serve you lunch en route an early afternoon arrival in Alexandria and Washington.
At Alexandria, you’ll have time to walk the same streets that George Washington and Robert E. Lee strode on a walking tour of the city’s historic Old Town; many historic sites are an easy walk (or free trolley ride) from the Amtrak train station. Or, continue to Washington’s Union Station in the shadow of the U.S. Capitol, where you’ll have time for a brief stroll around Capitol Hill or to shop in the beautifully restored Union Station.
At late afternoon, Amtrak’s Regional train #147 will take you southward through historic Virginia Piedmont cities and towns and along the east side of the Virginia Blue Ridge. Sip a cocktail and savor a delicious supper served at white linen clothed tables while en route. Dover Harbor will return you to Charlottesville at early evening, and Lynchburg a short time later.
For more information about Dover Harbor, please see the car’s web site at www.doverharbor.com.
ROUND TRIP FARES:
Lynchburg/Charlottesville to Alexandria/Washington
Chapter Members: $189
Going, read down #156
Return, read up #147
Lynchburg Kemp er St. Amtrak Station
Charlottesville Amtrak Station
Alexandria Amtrak Station
Washington Union Station
|*Note: Schedule subject to change; final schedule will be confirmed with travel documents.|
1. No refund or credit of purchased tickets after February 20, 2010, other than by operator’s cancellation of the trip or reselling of the space. Reservations are not transferable and may not be resold without the consent of the operator.
2. Package does not include attraction admissions charges, ground transportation, personal incidental charges or meals except for meal service as described above while on board Dover Harbor.
3. Schedule of train departures and arrivals subject to change without notice by Amtrak. Operator reserves the right to substitute equipment or alter itinerary without notice.
4. The Washington D.C. Chapter, NRHS makes every effort to accommodate the physically challenged; however, Dover Harbor as a historic railroad car is not wheelchair accessible. Operator requires those passengers requiring special assistance from others to travel with someone who is able to assist them. Those with special dietary needs must notify the reservations agent in writing at least two weeks in advance of the trip.
5. A $35 fee will be assessed for checks returned for insufficient funds.
For information, call 610-429-5858 or e-mail email@example.com.
TIDEWATER TRAVELER—April 24, 2010
I’m ready to go! My reservation and payment are enclosed:
City, State, Zip: _______________________________________
Telephone: ____ day ____ evening ________________________________
Mobile phone (day of trip): ____________________________________
____ Check payable to Washington DC Chapter, NRHS
____ Charge to my Visa/Mastercard:
Card No.: ____________________________________________
Expiration Date: _____________________________________
To ALEXANDRIA, VA or WASHINGTON, DC
# ____ Member(s) at $189 = $________
# _____ Nonmember(s) at $209 = $ ________
TOTAL AMOUNT: $ ________
NAMES OF ALL PASSENGERS (required):
BOARDING LOCATION: ____ Lynchburg ____ Charlottesville
DESTINATION: ____ Alexandria ____ Washington
How I heard about trip: ____ E-mail ____ Chapter Newsletter
____ Other _____________________________________________________
WASHINGTON DC CHAPTER NRHS
c/o Mike Martin, Reservation Agent
503 Mayfield Avenue
West Chester, PA 19380-5211