The National Railway Historical Society, Washington, D.C. Chapter, Inc. presents
Friday, March 17, 2017 to Thursday, March 23, 2017
Whatever destination you choose, you'll have several days to enjoy sandy beaches, warm waters, and attractions of America's winter getaway state! Miami passengers may stay with us aboard our Classic Pullman in the city or get away to a hotel of your own choosing.
Our return adventure begins late-morning March 22nd as Dover Harbor departs Miami behind Amtrak's Silver Star. Refreshed from your winter respite, lunch will be served as we roll north and dinner after Orlando. Enjoy a casual evening relaxing in the spacious lounge, then curl up for a cozy sleep in your authentic Pullman berth. Awaken to breakfast and the springtime scenery of the Carolinas as we travel the Star's inland route. Lunch will also be served prior to amid-afternoon arrival in Washington, D.C.
Trip ordering and pricing can be found below
For more information about this trip or our organization visit www.dcnrhs.org
ACCOMMODATIONS & PRICING INFORMATION
All passengers may enjoy the comforts of Dover Harbor's lounge. Sleeping accommodations on this trip are Dover Harbor's Classic Pullman Double Bedrooms, which sleep two persons in an upper and lower berth. Each bedroom has its own washbasin and toilet. A shower is available to all. Per person price includes travel on Dover Harbor from Washington D.C.
EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT! Make your reservation & payment by February 4, 2017 & deduct $100.00 per person on Round-trip Package Fares! Payment must be made by cash, check or money order for this offer.
1. The Washington DC Chapter, NRHS, makes every effort to accommodate the physically challenged; however, Dover Harbor, as a historic railroad car, is not wheelchair accessible. Operator requires those passengers needing special assistance from others to travel with someone who is able to assist them.
2. No refund of purchased tickets after February 3, 2017, other than by operator's cancellation of the trip or reselling of the space. The operator suggests that passengers obtain trip insurance to cover cancellations resulting from personal emergencies, illness or other causes.
3. Reservations are not transferable and may not be resold without the written consent of the operator.
4. Package does not include tour/attraction admission charges, gratuities, personal incidental charges, and local transportation, or meals except for meal service as described above while on Dover Harbor.
5. Train schedules and routing are subject to change without notice. Operator and Amtrak reserve the right to substitute equipment.
6. Package fares are per person, double occupancy. Single tickets may be purchased at double occupancy fares; however, shared accommodations will be assigned at the discretion of the reservations agent. For guaranteed sole occupancy, the single supplement is equal to the applicable per person double occupancy fare.
7. Passengers may board at any intermediate station stop; please notify ticket agent if you plan to board at stations other than Washington, D.C.
8. Passengers with dietary restrictions must notify the ticket agent in writing at least two weeks in advance of the trip.
9. A $35 fee will be assessed for checks returned for insufficient funds.
10. Those sleeping aboard the car in Miami may have to re-board Tuesday afternoon for the remainder of the trip for operational reasons.
For information, call 703-273-8440 or send e-mail to email@example.com
The Florida Special - March 17-23, 2017I’m ready to go! My reservation and payment are enclosed.
City, State, Zip: ________________________________________
Telephone: ____ day ____ evening _________________________
Mobile Phone (during trip): _______________________________
____ Check payable to Washington DC Chapter, NRHS
____ Charge my Visa/Mastercard (not applicable for Early Bird fare):
Card No.: _____________________________________________
Exp.: ______/______ CCID (3 or 4-digit code): __________Signature: ____________________________________________
BOARDING LOCATION: ____ Washington DC
DESTINATION: ____ Orlando ____ Ft. Lauderdale
How I heard about this trip:___________________________________
Interior photos by W. Hakkarinen. Exterior photo of car by David Scavone.
Get this trip announcement as a PDF flyer.